Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Water Snob

I am a glorified water snob. I often say, "this water tastes tainted" and am known to bring several large water bottles filled with the water from our house to other places.  Sometimes water tastes brown to me, even though it is clear. Yes, sometimes I taste in color.  I also have a pain that sometimes happens in my neck that feels brown. Some vegetables taste extra green. 

Sometimes I swear I can taste every mineral in a glass of water and proceed to feel each mineral scratching my throat as they enter my esophagus. Water can taste rusty, therefore it tastes a little bit red, and can leave a gritty feeling on my tongue.

At my parent's house I describe their water as tasting warm and thick. They have gotten to the point where they buy distilled water and separate ice cubes for me so they don't have to hear me complain.  Mom often says, "what have we DONE to you?!"  Unfortunately the distilled water tastes minty to me. She is just finding this out right now while she reads my blog...I love you mom!

I do like lemon in my water.  Last night while out for dinner with my friend Heather, they served the water with a cucumber in it.  We discussed how we REALLY try to like cucumbers but we just can't seem to acquire a positive taste.  Needless to say, the water was not easy for me to drink.  It is amazing how something that looks so tasteless has such a powerful flavor. By the way, the cucumber made the water taste green...a light green.

So, I shall sign off and go drink a glass of water from our tap. It tastes perfect to me...perfectly tasteless.  And always remember, everything always tastes better in a wine or champagne glass...

1 comment:

  1. ha ha "sometimes I taste in color"
    You are too funny. One of my bosses says Dasani tastes like drinking sweat... may I have your opinion?

    ReplyDelete