Friday, October 21, 2011

Strategic Planning

I spend an incredible amount of time each day trying to avoid situations that make me feel uncomfortable. Maybe a better way of stating that is to say, I spend an incredible amount of time each day trying to find better options to situations so I feel LESS uncomfortable.

I have NEVER tried the drive-up option at a bank.  I was a passenger once and it stressed me out.  There is this tube and you have to wait for it to arrive and then put the items you want inside. Then you have to  return it properly and push a button so it sucks back into its machine to reach the bank teller. Then you can never SEE the bank teller, only hear them. This is something that challenges me, which is why I rarely go through drive-thru.



This is all very simple. I just go inside of the bank when I need something and that is that. Not in my world.  I am CONVINCED every teller in every Veridian Credit Union thinks I am strange because I come in for the littlest things. To cash ONE check, or to deposit ONE item, when clearly I could just drive up and try the tube deal. This is where the strategic planning comes into play. I don't always go to the same Veridian. I make sure I spread my visits evenly throughout the various sites so the tellers don't feel the need to say, "I don't know why she doesn't just drive up and do that". I also try to find a reason, other than to cash or deposit a check, to make my visit more reasonable. Pretty certain my children have the best investments and savings accounts ever...

I know this is all very ridiculous and quite frankly there is NO reason why ANY teller would remember me, no matter how much  I come inside.  Now Hallmark, on the other hand, they DO know me by my first name, they know the names of my children, ages of my children, their birthdates, and that my husband has not been in for awhile...THAT is something I should be embarrassed about.


1 comment:

  1. What are you doing spending so much time at Hallmark? Although, it is a much safer environment than a bank drive thru... so I guess that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete